FBLA is the high school division of Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. FBLA helps high school students prepare for careers in business through academic competitions, leadership development, and educational programs.
The FBLA Roadmap
There are core themes that run throughout the FBLA Roadmap. These themes are:
- Individualization - The FBLA high school experience should be tailored to individual members to ensure that they are gaining the knowledge, skills, experiences, and behaviors they need to be successful after high school.
- Exposure to Multiple Career Pathways - Based on these experiences as well as the knowledge and skills gained through their Business Education program, FBLA members understand they can choose to: enter the world of work, join the military, continue on with a Business Education Program in college, or select another focus for further education.
- See the Business Cycle in All Sectors - FBLA members should have experiences in multiple sector areas since business is a key function of every sector area and industry. Multiple sector area experiences will provide FBLA members more transferable skills to industry areas or higher education major areas of focus.
By the end of their FBLA experience, it is the goal that every member will:
- Develop an understanding of what it means to lead
- Understand fundamental business principles and how business impacts all sectors
- Demonstrate the ability to use technical skills to solve problems
- Create a post-graduation career plan